Important Dates to Remember:
- Event Date : October 19-20, 2018
- Call to Artists Meeting : May 30, 2018
- Applications Available : May 31, 2018
- Application Due Date : June 30, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance : July 20, 2018
What is IMMERSE, presented by the Creative City Project?
Artists can change a city for the better by making it a more beautiful, meaningful and interesting place to live. On October 19-20, 2018, we will continue to contribute to a thriving arts community by creating meaningful experiences you can’t have anywhere else.
What are you looking for?
We encourage you to check out this article on "3 Things That Define a Creative City Project Artist." IMMERSE isn't your everyday arts festival. We're looking for experiences, performances, and installations that go beyond and inspire people to live creative lives everyday. We want to help patrons have experiences they can't have anywhere else. So take a look at Programming Director, Holly Harris's, comments on DISCOVERY, TRANSFORMATION, and EXPERIENCE in this article.
What is our Mission?
- Cultivate a thriving arts community in Orlando.
- By platforming artists and arts organizations to connect them with new audiences
- To contribute to a sustainable creative culture by supporting artists financially
- By creating education opportunities for artists
- Nurture a deeper sense of ownership of and care for Orlando amongst its residents.
- Shape the global perception of our city as one known for innovation and creativity.
Who Can Participate?
We invite individual artists, artist collectives, companies and organizations to participate in IMMERSE.
We are looking for engaging and meaningful projects, installations and performances in the following disciplines:
- Performing Arts (music, theatre, dance, spoken word, puppetry, etc.)
- Media Arts (photography, video, animation, digital art, robotics, etc.)
- Visual Arts (draw, paint, sculpture, printmaking, crafts, etc.)
Individuals, groups and organizations are all eligible to apply for a CCP stipend.
What is the IMMERSE stipend?
The Creative City Project believes in financially assisting artists who contribute to the event. IMMERSE stipends range from $100-$500. They are given to projects, installations, and performances that provide audiences with a unique, meaningful and engaging experience until the stipend fund is depleted.
Can I still participate even if I’m not selected to receive a IMMERSE stipend?
Absolutely! We realize our stipend budget is limited. We aim to financially support every contributing artist and will continue efforts to grow artist funds each year.