Here are some really great things the Creative City Project is doing for people.
THE CREATIVE CITY PROJECT BUILDS COMMUNITY
The three parts of our mission build community in three ways :
Cultivate a thriving arts community in Orlando.
We do this by :
- Paying emerging artists to create work at our annual event
- Connecting new audiences to existing and established arts organizations.
- Providing training for artists through workshops and seminars.
Nurture a deeper sense of ownership of and care for Orlando amongst its residents.
By creating meaningful shared experiences in the public spaces of our city, we transform the way its residents see and experiences its people and places.
We do this by :
- Making the arts accessible to all through our free annual event.
- Encouraging artists to consider how architecture and environment affect the relationship between artist and audience – creating unique and meaningful experiences.
We do this by :
- Promoting excellence and high production value in all we do.
- Creating experiences audiences can't have anywhere else.
- Encouraging gross-genre artistic collaboration.
- Highlighting and recruiting world-class artists innovating in their field.
Shape the global perception of our city as one known for innovation and creativity.
THE CREATIVE CITY PROJECT EMBRACES DIVERSITY
Creative City Project 2016 featured performers from over 25 ethnicities and cultures, including a celebration of Latin American culture. The performances brought together musicians and dancers from Mexico, Colombia, Cuba, and Puerto Rico.
Creative City Project 2017 will feature compelling art from even more of Central Florida's diverse offerings.
THE CREATIVE CITY PROJECT PROMOTES ACCESSIBILITY
Our annual event is absolutely free to attendees. This Signature Event, makes significant art accessible to tens of thousands of patrons – many for the very first time.
In a survey of 500 attendees, the UCF Center for Public and Nonprofit Management discovered that nearly 50% of of our audience attend fewer than 5 arts and culture offerings each year.
THE CREATIVE CITY PROJECT AFFORDS OPPORTUNITY
Of course our annual event features major acts like :
- Professional Arts Organizations like Cirque du Soleil, and the Red Bull Bboys
- Non-Profit Professional Organizations like Orlando Ballet, Orlando Philharmonic, Bach Festival Society, CityArts Factory, and The Gallery At Avalon Island
But we also platform
- Educational institutions like the University of Central Florida, Full Sail University, Orange County High Schools, and The Human Experience Middle School
- Community Arts Organizations like Central Florida Community Arts Orchestra, the Maitland Stage Band, and the Afro-Cuban Dance Company
- Professional artists like Baltimore fine artist, Michael Owen; Local Flamenco and Mexican Folk Dancers
- Emerging artists including UCF Performance Art Students, and interactive visual arts installations.
In 2016, we featured close to 1,000 artists and performers as part of our Signature event.
THE CREATIVE CITY PROJECT EMBRACES ARTISTIC EXCELLENCE
While our event platforms artists of all types, our staff is committed to ensuring that they all put their best foot forward to present excellent content. From day one, we walk with artists through the creative process to challenge them to dream big and them help them achieve those goals with excellence.
Through workshops, strategic collaboration, and logistical and production support, our annual event features high quality work by artists at all levels of their careers.